Lighting transforms a 2D image into a 3D image:
- Contrast is a range of tones between pure white and pure black. Low contrast images have a short range and appear stark. Contrast is important. Shadows are as important as the highlights.
- Overblown lighting flattens the image and erases details of the face.
- Tungsten lighting is 3200K and produces yellow/red color.
- Daylight lighting is 5400K and produces blue toned color.
- Florescence lighting is green and the bulb flickers and the camera sees the flicker.
- LED lighting is white and a clean light.